Sunday, September 03, 2017

Meet the Fall 2017 Interns


This autumn, I have taken on three new editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like the recent Tomato Taste, you are bound to run into one or more of them. As a first writing assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hi! My name is Nicole Reisinger (pictured at left) and I am a senior multiplatform journalism major and history minor at the University of Maryland Philip Merrill School of Journalism. I’m excited to spend this semester going to the numerous horticulture events the DC area has to offer and embracing the gardening culture that connects this community. I grew up maintaining gardens with my family and have experience working with a premier floral designer in Annapolis, so I love getting my hands dirty in the name of creating something beautiful. Journalism has an awesome power that is able to unite people and I look forward to having the chance to do so with the Washington Gardener. I cannot wait to learn more about this community its passion for all things gardening!

My name is Maeve Dunigan (pictured center) and I’m a senior multiplatform journalism major at the University of Maryland, College Park. My on-campus positions include being a Senior Staff Writer for The Diamondback and a Student Ambassador for the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. In the past, I have worked in science journalism, as an intern for the University of Maryland’s Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center. I have also worked for the College Park City-University Partnership where I served as the Communications and Digital Content Development Intern. In the fall of 2016, I was lucky enough to study media abroad for five months at The Hague University of Applied Sciences in The Netherlands. I am so excited to grow my knowledge of horticulture while interning for Washington Gardener this semester!

Hi Washington Gardener readers! My name is Uyen (pronounced when) Nguyen (pictured at right) and I am a senior multiplatform journalism major, with a minor in business, at the University of Maryland. I was born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and raised in Baltimore city.  My experience in journalism is mainly on the UMD campus, it includes working as assistant managing editor at The Diamondback, some freelance reporting for various campus publications and as the fitness editor for The Campus Trainer. I personally do not have horticulture experience. but I never say no to trying different types of food so I am very excited to learn how to grow my own! I look forward to being one of three interns this fall for Washington Gardener and getting the opportunity to target local readers and attend gardening events in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...