Friday, June 02, 2017

Fenton Friday: Peppers Planted


The summer interns started this week and we put in a whole section of Peppers to trial. Several are from Burpee and a few are from purchases of heirloom plants at spring plant sales. A few are sweet peppers, but mainly they are hot ones.

We also planted mini Watermelon and Canteloupe seeds. I am hoping they germinate fast so the interns can harvest some by mid-August.

The weather has warmed up a bit, but it was still very wet. Today was the first day in weeks that I can recall it not raining! I hope to put in the Tomatoes and herb seedlings along with all the other seeds (Okra, Zinnias, etc.) in the next few days.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...