Friday, May 05, 2017

Fenton Friday: First Peas of the Season

The first Peas have formed and I can see many more flowers on the vines about to pop into pods. I am so excited to have my first fresh batch of the season.

We cut our second batch of Spinach and I harvested some more Asparagus. I am going to let the rest of the Asparagus go now though as it is starting to be that time in the season. The Mustard Greens are all done as well so I pulled that row out to make room for other greens. 

The Radish are coming right along and the Arugula and Cilantro can be harvested as baby greens right now, but I think I will leave them alone for another week so they grow a bit stronger.

I am still weeding out the Wheatgrass and Nutsedge and uncovering a few more baby Strawberry plants. They are forming fruit now and I should have a few handfuls for my morning cereal in a couple weeks. It sure won't be like previous years where I was overwhelmed with the Strawberry harvest!

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...