Friday, August 14, 2015

Fenton Friday: Carrot Harvest

Once again my community garden plot exceeds my expectations. I had thought I'd run over for a quick minute this morning to clear out a handful of carrots to make room for fall season seeds, but that turned into a half hour of digging up lots of carrots and leaving still more in the ground for when I have more time. Carrot soup recipes, anyone?

I also have given up keeping up with all the tiny currant tomatoes. I pick a pint of these little guys each day and almost as many end up on the ground. Ah well, feast or famine, right?

Following up on last week's report of bean flowers forming, the green/pole beans are now starting to come in. Only a few today, I will check back in a couple days and see if I have enough to make a meal from at that point.

How is your garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:02 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do NOT post spam links to this blog. They will be removed immediately and only serve to waste all of our time.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...