Friday, June 05, 2015

Fenton Friday: Wet!

After practically no rain for the entire month of May and record heat (2nd hottest ever temps for the month), June began with rain, rain, and more rain. We had 2-3 inches in one day so there went my wood-chip pathways floating away. The rain was very welcome, but after 5 days straight of it, my abundant Strawberries are swelling and rotting faster than I can get out to pick them.

Elsewhere in my plot, the scapes are forming on the hardneck Garlic, the Calendula and Nasturtium is blooming, and the Peas are getting fat (see photo here by Daven Desai). My Tomatoes and Peppers are STILL not in the ground, I will remedy that this coming Monday.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...