Friday, June 19, 2015

Fenton Friday: Okra Babies

Another Fenton Friday post and another seedling picture for you all. This is 1 of 3 baby Okra that I planted today at my community garden plot. They were left at the cistern by another generous gardener, whom I'm assuming started one too many plants.

They are just wee little things now, but soon enough they will be the tallest things in my plot. Knowing that, I planted them up at the front in the bare spots between a few older strawberry plants. That way they will not shade anything actively growing in my plot, nor in my neighbors (I hope).




The strawberries have abruptly stopped producing - boo hoo! On the plus side, we had very generous rains this week, along with a lot of heat -- making the tomatoes and peppers very happy.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...