Saturday, October 04, 2014

Fenton Friday: Time to Get Garlic in the Ground


This year I'm only planting one head of garlic (about 8 cloves). I've learned my lessons on bring garlic-greedy and then having a good portion of my small plot at the Fenton Community Garden be unused by anything else until garlic harvest time in early summer. The cloves I had this year after harvest are not as robust as in years past, so I bought new 'Chesnok Red' seed garlic from a local garden center. It is a hardneck variety as I like the look of it better and will get the bonus garlic scapes next spring.

Are you planting garlic in your garden? If so, what varieties?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...