Friday, September 27, 2013

Fenton Friday: Time to Plant More Green

The weather has cooled off so I spent an hour sorting through my seed packs and seeing what greens I wanted to plant in my community garden plot. I decided in Cilantro (Coriander), Parsley, a Romaine mix, and a Mesclun mix. I'm not a big salad fan, but these greens are great additions to other dishes that I enjoy.

I considered Kale and Swiss Chard, but after having a raw Kale salad at a RootingDC planning meeting last night, I just cannot summon much enthusiasm for it. It just feels like such a chore to eat and frankly, life is too short to suffer through tough, tasteless greens. Maybe I'll change my mind and add some later.

What greens are you growing in your garden this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...