Friday, September 06, 2013

Fenton Friday: Red Okra Review

This year I grew Red Okra aka Burgundy Okra from seed and it has done pretty well in this mild summer. However, I think next year I will go back to the green Clemson Spineless variety.

I eat my okra small/tender and raw; picked straight from the plant as a garden snack. To me, the red variety just does not taste as good as Clemson does. It has a slight perfume-y quality to it that I just cannot place. It is not "bad" per se, just not my favorite. The Clemson to me has more a clean "green bean" flavor.

If you grow okra, what do you think? Do you detect a taste difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...