Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Join Us at the Heritage Harvest Fest at Monticello!


I'm ecstastic that Washington Gardener Magazine will once again be the part of the 7th annual Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello this year. It is a celebration of gardening, sustainable agriculture, and local food, held on the breathtaking West Lawn of Jefferson’s Monticello in Charlottesville, VA. Taste heirloom fruits and vegetables and learn about organic gardening and seed-saving at this fun, family-friendly festival talking place Friday-Saturday, September 6-7, 2013.

We'll have a table in the Tasting Tent all day Saturday where you can sign up for subscriptions or buy current and back issues. I'll also be talking on "Local Gardening Challenges" and "Regionally Adapted Plants" on Friday and Saturday in Classroom 6, Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center. My talks are part of the premium workshop track and you must register separately for those. I urge you to do so soon at
http://heritageharvestfestival.com/premium-workshops/ since they sold out last year in advance.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my friends and colleague there as well as participating in the old-fashioned Seed Swap on early Saturday morning.

I hope you will join me for all or part of the festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...