Saturday, December 15, 2012

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day: Early Winter

It is still technically fall, but tell that to my garden! I think this is the earliest I've ever had my Winter Jasmine bloom and at the same time having its early spring doppelganger, Forsythia, also sporting a few blossoms!

Winter Jasmine

Forsythia

Also in bloom now are Christmas Hellebores, Violas, Encore Azaleas, Alyssum, and Primrose. Still holding on from summer are a few salvia and verbena too.
Encore Azalea
Christmas Rose, Helleborus niger 'Josef Lemper'

What is blooming in your garden on this Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day?

3 comments:

  1. Azalea and Forsythia blooms at this time of year are a rare treat. We had a sprurt of warmer weather but now it has been freezing at night here on Long Island. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuletide Camellia is a favorite right now for us. But I also take pleasure just seeing change in the garden ... and right now noticing the buds elongate on the flowering currant is enjoyable even though the clusters of pink are not dangling yet.

    The golden color of Miscanthus stalks is a late autumn and early winter favorite in landscaping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like we are in for another mild winter here on Cape Cod. Last winter was VERY mild too. I think it is messing with the trees and insect population a bit to be honest.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...