Friday, September 07, 2012

Fenton Friday: More Tomatoes

Tomatoes are still going strong at my Fenton Street Community Garden plot. From the looks of others' plots, it is true of most of the others too. I see a lot of the fruit falling to the ground and rotting. I wish folks would come by their plots at least weekly and donate their excess, if they aren't going to be able to eat it all themselves.

There are two tomato plants I have yet to get any fruits off of one is an heirloom 'Giant Belgium' and the other is 'Abraham Lincoln.' The 'Lincoln' was a good-sized plant I got in June from the USDA 150th anniversary celebration event. Both plants look healthy and fine, they just don't flower and set fruit. Maybe I'll give them each another dot of organic fish fertilizer. Couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...