Sunday, July 15, 2012

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day: Contained

It is an overcast and EXTREMELY humid morning here in the Mid-Atlantic ISA (zone 7 - DC/MD border to be precise). This Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day I thought I'd share a few of my mixed containers now that they are starting to fill in nicely. I have about 20 large planters going, but will share a sampling of just three. (If you are viewing this on my blog at washingtongardener.blogspot.com, you can click on any of the photos to look at them in detail at full-size.

At top, Petunia Debonair Black Cherry with Fuseables Chocolate Symphony Coleus (that is one coleus bright green and burgundy edged with green). In the middle of it is an elephant ear that I cannot recall if I received for trial or got at a plant swap this spring.

At middle, Petunia Shock Wave Rose Improved with Angelonia Serenita Lavender Pink. In the middleof it is a yellow Brugmansia that I got a plant swap this spring.

At bottom, Colorblaze Marooned Coleus with Superbells Lemon Slice Calibrochoa peaking out below it. There are two other plants in this container, but the coleus has "proven" to be a container hog.

So what is blooming in your garden today?



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your containers. It's been so hot for you - here in upstate NY it started out humid but then - it rained. We needed it so much. I hope you aren't about to get still another heat wave. Syracuse (70 miles from where I live) is forecast 103 degrees for Tuesday! Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Bookworm. Yes, we are due for another heat wave this week - hopefully not an 11+ day record-breaker, but at 103 I hope YOU stay cool and give your plants plenty of extra TLC and moisture.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...