Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Video Wednesday: Box Turtles




I was asked to share this video and note to educate people about not taking in turtles from the wild:
 
----------
 
Box turtles are emerging early because of this uncommonly mild winter, and we'd like to keep as many wild as possible, rather than having them picked up and turned into pets. Also, due to the unusually warm winter, many will be sick and in need of rehab care, since they've used up their fat reserves too soon.

If someone wants a box turtle as a pet, there are some that cannot go back to the wild and have already been pets on Petfinder.com

http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=X_935eZl84k

I made the video and I'm giving permission to have it reposted whereever it can do some good.

Katrina
 
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...