Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Video Wednesday: What's New & Exciting at MANTS Pt 1


Here is the first in a series of five short clips I filmed at MANTS 2011 last week. MANTS is the trade show for the Mid-Atlantic nursery trade. Landscapers, designers, and garden centers come to MANTS to place orders for plants and garden-related materials for their installations and to sell to consumers. This is my fifth (sixth?) time attending MANTS and I have to say, for me, it was the best one so far. The mood seemed brighter, vendors had more focused exhibits, and their were several new plant introductions to ooh and ah over. In this clip, Barbara Ellis, garden writer, lecturer, and coach, talks about a plant she found particularly enthralling. I will edit and load up the other four clips in the next few days, so come on back to see and hear the favorite new plant picks from local garden world luminaries.

1 comment:

  1. Carol7:17 PM

    Hey Kathy! I have tried to grow Stomanthe several times in different settings/pots/beds/combinations. It loves to get burned leaf edges! I don't think it has any tolerance for dry conditions, but needs good drainage too! If someone has the secret, I would love to know it!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...