Friday, May 15, 2009

Purple Rain of Flowers







My Garden Blogger Bloom Day post this month is all about the pinks and purples -- from weigela to dianthus -- it is one big explosion of pretty with a capital P. This garden says, "Grrrl." Sure, I have a few yellows popping up like my daisies, water iris, and zinnias, but they don't hold my attention as these pinky purples do.
And did I mention the scents? I'm in love with the bubble-gum iris and swoon as I walk by them. I like to stick my whole face in the peonies and breathe deeply, so fresh and clean. My roses are just coming on now too giving off delicate perfumes. The best though are the spicy groundcover geraniums, just brush by and you are transported to foreign lands.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:44 AM

    I'm still anxiously waiting for my iris and peony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to visit a fragrant garden and your purples are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to report an Iris-loving friend came by last night to get divisions of mine and she had never SMELLED hers before - I took her around and we sniffed all of my Bearded Irises in bloom right now -- big differences and have to say the yellow ones fell flat. Wish I knew their variety - they were a plant rescue from a nongardener so little hope of an ID.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 AM

    Wow.. i like gardening..nice blog
    Thanks for sharing..@@

    ___________________
    Jessica
    Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...