Thursday, October 16, 2008

Growing Moss Gardens and Lawns

The Washington Gardener Enews ~ Vol. 4, No. 10 — October 15, 2008 ~ is now out and archived.
This feature story on moss was something I'd had in the back of my head for a year or two now. I've got one "moss lawn" patch I'm trying to nurture along and it is doing much better now that the last two year's of drought seem behind us.
What didn't make the article was Al Benner of Moss Acres said is coming down the pike. Namely, moss wall units! His company is supplying moss for green roofs already and so this was a natural next step. He is looking at next spring to have the moss wall kits on the market. I cannot wait to see how they do and what creative uses people come up with. I'm already envisioning making a line of moss wall striping around my house and maybe even doing my back door as a fully mossed surface. Then it will be on the interior for moss table-scaping and moss chair cushions. A wearable moss dress is not too far behind.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm. Wasn't it a moss dress that got Andrae kicked off Project Runway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I forgot about that - and such injustice it was too!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...