Monday, July 14, 2008

Drive By Plantings Continue

Washington City Paper reports a lack of guerrilla gardening in this city. I'm thinking the need to open their eyes and look a bit harder. Instead of trolling the Net for links bragging about growing deeds, take a walk around the city and see them actually taking place. Just last weekend I saw some colorful, but illegal, flower boxes on an otherwise drab mid-rise apartment, a corner traffic island stuffed full of sunflowers, and a crazy quilt of veggies in a back parking lot of a Chinese restaurant.
Oh yeah, I'm posting no pictures to protect the "guilty" parties involved. I thank them all for their generosity of spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...