Friday, May 23, 2008

Dress Right

Finally, able to access this! Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 23 of yesterday's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red street-boxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can click on to read at 100%.

Item #1 is the USBG's One Planet -Ours! special summer exhibit. I attended the press conference for the opening of it this morning and took lots of pics -- will share at a later date.

A picture of our booth at Benke's recent Azalea Show is up on their web site. I wore my home-made "plays with dirt" t-shirt that day and perhaps I need to remind myself that gardener does not necessarily equal slob and dress a bit better for these public appearances. With that in mind, tonight I promise to clean up a bit to act as panel discussion moderator at the Pearl movie opening tonight.

Then Saturday is the Plant Swap with DC Urban Gardeners (where I will be dressed ready to get down and dirty moving plant pots around), Sunday is my LoveSexyDC Prince Dance Party, and Monday I work-study at Willow Street Yoga. Those latter two items are non-garden related, but thought you'd be curious to know what I do in my "off" hours.

Speaking of dressing "right," a film student from American U. is coming over next Wednesday to get some shots of me gardening. I think she wants real - so I'll give it to her, but part of me wants to put on pearls and cashmere like Bree on Desperate Housewives. Nah, too much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...