Thursday, December 06, 2007

Forget All Your Troubles, Forget All Your Cares

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 29 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. Item #3 is the Gardeners' Holiday at Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria, VA, this Sunday, December 9. I'll have a table there from 12-4PM. Please stop by to place gift subscriptions to Washington Gardener Magazine, purchase current and back issues, etc. I don't get out to old Commonwealth as often as I'd like so catch me there during one of my rare sojourn's across the Potomac. Green Spring's Garden Gate Gift Shop has a fabulous collection of gardening tools, apparel, and books available to round out your gardening gift basket. While shopping enjoy free refreshments, holiday music and view the beautiful decorations fashioned by their talented volunteers and staff.

My brother, Ulli, has a booth for his "Jentz Prints" antique print sales from Friday, December 7 - Sunday, December 23 at the Downtown Holiday Market. I'll be helping out there on 12/10, 12/14, and 12/17-21 from 10:30am to 12:00noon (or so). I'll have the November/December 07 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine with me and can also take subscription and gift orders. The holiday market is on the F Street sidewalk between 7th and 8th Streets, NW in front of the National Portrait Gallery. A festive atmosphere and live musical entertainment will accompany more than 50 local exhibitors and artisans selling a diverse array of goods and high-quality gift items, such as photography, jewelry, knits, paintings, cultural crafts, seasonal beverages, prepared foods, and more.

I'll be doing a lot of my Christmas shopping at both of these events as my own holiday preparation are woefully behind schedule. I usually have my cards sent, lights hung, and tree up by now. At this point, I'll be happy if I just get the cards out before Santa's arrival. Maybe this year I'll just enjoy everyone else's light and tree displays. And don't even bring up cookie baking! I try out one new recipe each holiday season. That might still happen as I've stocked up on baking supplies (except eggs!), but may be one of those delirious, late-night in the kitchen sessions. The late-night-baking cookie results are often delicious though not necessarily photogenic or gift-worthy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Orchid Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to meet a fellow Gemini and Orchid enthusiast - good basic care tips on your site. Now if only there was a "cat-proof orchid," we could retire young and rich :-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...