Sunday, September 09, 2007

Staff Photog Puts on a Show

Our magazine's staff photographer strikes out on her own for her first solo photography showing:
Life’s Little Adventures
Photographs by Drena J. Galarza
An exhibit celebrating the beauty of our everyday lives.
Please join us for the opening reception on
Friday, September 21, 2007
5:00 - 7:00 pm
The Adams National Bank
8121 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(bottom of the World Building)
More details about the artist at http://www.picturesbydrena.com/
Drena is pictured here in the hollow log of the Brookside's children's garden. (See both of us at Brookside on 9/15 for Children's Day.) She took photos of me in this same log that I used for my editor's column picture in the current Washington Gardener issue. I'm getting a lot of comments and compliments on it. Apparently, I'm "cute as a button." Hmph, so much for my glamorous, avant-garde aspirations. I suppose I've been called worse things than "cute" ;-).
If you've also posed in this log yourself, please send a low-res file of the photo and I'll post it here. Be fun to see the variety of local log-lurkers we have out there. When we took the shots there I told Drena that everyone poses at this same spot and that we should start a collection of portraits there of various movers-and-shakers in the local hort world posed in the log. Maybe that can be her next photo show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...