Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dogwood Days

Sorry for the almost week-long break - between the Leesburg Fest, getting the May/June issue to press, attending local garden tours, and processing renewals -- it has beena 100+ hour work week.

Here is an online link to this week's Top 5 Home & Garden Events listing on page 29 of today's print edition. Pick up the Washington Examiner at any area metro station. I'll be at the FONA Garden Fair myself on Fri-Sat. Stop by the big vendor's tent and find the Washington Gardener magazine table -- sign up for a subscription, gift subscriptions (Mother's Day is coming up!), renew, buy back issues, or just purchase the current issue. See the FONA web site for the full, expansive list of plant offerings. And yes, you'll definitely see me getting my early dibs on several of those luscious green offerings as well. Hope to see you there!

My list is also the subject of WASH FM's current trivia question - click here to enter. I guess entering it myself would not be kosher? I sure would like that free airfare ticket!

Pictured here is a neighbor’s glorious dogwood. I’m so envious! The one dogwood I planted a couple of years ago was a stick I got at a local Arbor Day event – it never took. This one, and the many other gorgeous examples I see around town, make me want to run out and buy a nice one and plant it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...