Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Upcoming Events

Okay I've decided to take the plunge and signed up for the Washington Home & Garden Show (http://www.washingtonhomeandgardenshow.com). I'll be in a corner booth #868 - so stop by and say, "Hi" - especiall during Thursday-Friday, when I know the aisles will be fairly empty and the hours will be long. Wish me luck!

More pressing on the immediate horizon is our Seed Exchange at the USNA this Saturday (http://www.usna.usda.gov/). I'm please to report we've far surpassed the break-even number for the Arboretum's budgeting of 40 attendees. Our maximum attendance allowed in the space is 125 and judging by the number of calls and emails I've been getting the past few days and the rate of registrations received, I think we will be very close to it. I'd hate to turn anyone away at the door, but I suppose that is a good problem to have.

I just spent the last few hours packing up the door prize and goody prize items, some stuff I know folks will be ecstatic over. A big thank you to all our prize sponsors? They include: D. Landreth Seeds, Audubon Society of NoVA, Gardener's Supply/Dutch Gardens, Thompson & Morgan Seeds, Nichols Garden Nursery, Chesapeake Natives, Maryland Native Plant Society, America the Beautiful Foundation, and Trident Ent. (MasterGardening.com). Still awaiting a few more last prize items and we'll be all set.

My next few days will probably be consumed with preparations for this event and my wish is for it to go smoothly and for folks to leave it with a ton of seeds, a few new friends, and a lot of information on growing from seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...